Thursday, February 22, 2018

TTC2.0 IUI#3 CD12 Third time is not the charm...

So yesterday was CD12. My son and I went in for our appointment and were SO happy because the Doctor that helped us get pregnant with Liam was there to do my ultrasound. I had not seen him since I was 8 weeks pregnant! Immediately, I knew this was good luck. The ultrasound went GREAT. 8.6mm lining (Holy cow! My lining has NEVER been that big) and 1 lead follicle at 15mm. There were 3-4 others on the right side around 7-8mm. I was hoping for more, but I'm totally fine with these odds. Left the appointment super happy and they told me to come back Friday and I'd likely trigger that night for a Sunday IUI. GREAT! These appointments have been on all of my days off, which has been fantastic! Later that afternoon, I get a call from a nurse saying that my E2 levels are at 29.4, which means my body isn't reacting to the medicine like it should. She said it was very strange especially since my E2 levels were at 40 on CD3 and the fact that I had a mature follicle... I'm still going in tomorrow where they'll do another ultrasound and recheck my blood work. She said "I'm hoping it's lab error." I really hope so too. Otherwise, this cycle will be cancelled... We will be taking a break for a month too if this cycle is cancelled because we don't want a Christmas baby. :( Needless to say, my day was crushed at 4PM yesterday..

BLOOD LEVELS:
        E2 Level:       29.4
        LH Level:       8.69
        P4 Level:       <0.20

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that this cycle didn't go the way you hoped. :( Getting pregnant through IUI is so.damn.hard and it doesn't let up until you get those two lines. It's probably a good thing that you're taking a break, because it's just so important to step back from time to time. When we were working to conceive Will, my wife ended up getting shingles due to stress and had to take a month break. Following this much needed break she got pregnant (!!!!!) and we both firmly believe that it wouldn't have happened for her had she not taken time off. I'm hoping for the same for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting an update! Things have gone weird now! hahah

      Delete