Monday, August 18, 2014

CD18 IUI#2 is done!

So this experience was a lot different than IUI#1! We got there early because last time we were stressed trying to figure out where this office was and were late. So we checked in, went to get blood work done, then to the cafeteria to hae a little breakfast. Once the waiting time was up, we went to the office and signed in. One of the nurses called us back to go over the vial info. She told us the total motile sperm was 84.6 million. We were in shock! Then she said, "and we didn't need to wash it since it was pre-washed." We said, "wait, what? It wasn't pre-washed. It needs to be washed." So she checked on it and saw that we were correct and that got us thinking about our first IUI. If they made a mistake this time, did they do the same last time. Sure enough, they didn't wash it last time. So the 68.5 million total motile was before the wash. She also said that she is glad I didn't have horrible cramping last time because that normally happens if you put unwashed sperm straight into the uterus. She said I would've had to get a shot in office if my cramping was bad. So she was very nice and credited our account the amount of the vial plus the extra we paid for higher motility. I'm 99.9% sure that I ovulated 24 hours after my 1st iui and it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Back to the total motile. So if last time the total motile was 68.5 before washing, then it probably would've been like 20-30 million after wash. Our total motile after wash this time was 49.06 million. We have good feelings about this time.

1. It was my father-in-law's birthday
2. My wife's good friend had a baby that day.
3. Jaci got to push the plunger this time! 
4. It was 3 years from the day that we got engaged.


The nurse called me later that day to check in and also let me know that according to my blood work, I was definitely ovulating. So it's perfect timing. Im glad I said something to my nurse about going in 36 hours after trigger instead of 24. So we got back in next week to do progesterone testing and then a week after that for pregnancy test. We will likely test on the 30th before we go into the office for bloodwork. Crossing our fingers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, thank goodness you said something about washing the sperm! It's always concerning when the people in charge make a mistake because it makes you question everything they say from then on. The same thing happened to us when my wife was TTC. We found out that they were inseminating her 1-2 days early for our first 3 tries, which made it nearly impossible for her to have gotten pregnant considering frozen sperm only survives 48 hours at the most after thaw. Mistakes happen I guess and what matters is you spoke up and they made things right. It certainly sounds like try #2 is meant to be for you all! Talk about perfect timing with all the special things going on the day you inseminated!! I have a good feeling about this one. :)

    Today is CD17 for me and I go in at 3pm for IUI #6, 31 hours after trigger. I wanted to wait 36 hours but the office will be closed at that time and there’s no way we’re prepared for a home insemination… I'm so nervous but hopeful. I plan to eat lots of pineapple (even though that may just be a fertility myth) and do lots of fertility meditations. Have you tried fertility meditation? There’s some really great videos on YouTube. It’s totally helped me to change my frame of mind and relax. You should try it if you haven’t already. :)

    Fingers crossed that you get good news at the end of the month.

    *Sending baby dust your way*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too Kristin - I've also been wondering when you were jumping back on the bandwagon. Deep breaths! Much happy baby juju coming your way :) -Sarah

      Delete
  2. Yay! So strange. I was just stalking your blog the other day thinking.. "I wonder if they are starting again soon!" I haven't tried any of that and now I'm going to look it up! I have been listening to regular yoga and meditation music though to relax. Baby dust to you too! I hope the IUI went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! It is very scary how not with it the drs/clics can be. I've definitely learned to be my own (and my wife's) advocate through this process. Here's to hoping it sticks! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete