Sunday, December 29, 2013

Woohoo!

Today was my follow up appointment at the RE. I took my last dose of Clomid on Christmas night and I'm happy to say that I had no side effects. I should probably double check with my wife on that one to be sure. Haha! But really, I was just a little exhausted and that may have been Christmas exhaustion. 

I am not very good at listening (my wife will read this and nod her head in agreement), but everything she said seemed good during the ultrasound. Because I have longer cycles, they want me to come in on Monday for another round of blood work and ultrasound. My uterine lining measured 6cm and I had a follicle on the right of 14cm and one on the left that was 12cm I think? I'm interested to see how much they grow on Monday! And if I'm THAT excited about my follicles growing, I imagine I will be even more excited when there is a baby growing. 

Still on the agenda before we can TTC:
1. Scheduling an appointment with a counselor to make sure we are not insane. (I think all parents should be required to do this)
2. My wife needs to go get her blood work done. Thankfully it's not as extensive as mine because she saw me as pale as a ghost after mine and I am half Filipino! 
3. Picking a donor! This is going to be, by far, the HARDEST part of this process. We know we want an open donor and the selection is not very large. Maybe that's supposed to make it easier? 

In other news, we had to take one of our pups to the emergency vet on Christmas Eve because he tweaked his leg. Found out he has a luxating patella and will most likely need surgery. I feel so bad for him because he is a very active dog and it's clear that his leg is bothering him. Here's a picture of the little man and his sister in the back on Christmas Eve. 

4 comments:

  1. You two have had one very exciting month! Congratulations on the new house, it's beautiful. :)

    You are super lucky to have had no side effects with clomid... I finished my 1st round at the start of the month and felt like a crazy/emotional person 3 of the 4 days, lol. It sounds like your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to and as a fellow PCOS-er, I know what a relief that it! My wife had to give me my trigger shot on Xmas morning followed by IUI #1 the following day so fingers crossed that we both get some good news in the next couple of weeks!!

    Happy bday & Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! I'm happy to see you girls starting TTC #2. I know you had to put it on hold for a bit so I'm excited you are back at it. How were your follicle sizes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the last ultrasound I had 3 days before my trigger/4 days before IUI #1, my largest was 18mm. My left ovary decided to take a vacation so that side was pretty worthless. ;) The RE didn't do another ultrasound the day of the insemination because I went from 12mm before clomid to 18mm after, which apparently meant that the additional 4 days made me ripe for the picking. Who knows though, it can all get pretty confusing... We'll soon see I guess. I still have one week to go before testing (even though I already POAS on day 5 even though I wasn't supposed to)... There wasn't even the slightest glimmer of a second line so I'm praying that it's just because I tested way too early. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My left ovary decided to take a vacation too!! Haha! My big follicles were only on right. Omg so exciting. I will definitely be crossing my fingers for you ladies!

    ReplyDelete