Tuesday, July 1, 2014

First IUI!

So we went into the RE on CD16 to check things out again. Ultrasound showed a follicle at 21.5mm. So that was pretty good growth from Monday! She gave me the trigger shot and then I went to work as usual. Thursday was insemination day. The IUI was at a different place than our normal RE because of where they store the specimen. It was chaotic because the nurse didn't give us very good directions, so we were stressed. Thankfully, we had about 45 minutes to go to the cafeteria while they were preparing the specimen. We get to the office and they call us back. The nurse was SOOOO nice! She let us know that they normally look for 5 million motile and our donor was at 68.51 million AFTER they washed it! Today, we are on our way to Hawaii and I have A LOT of ewcm. It makes me think that maybe I ovulated this morning instead of yesterday. We will see what my FF chart ends up saying but I know the lifetime of frozen sperm is a lot less than fresh, so I just hope timing worked out. We go back in on 6/25 for a beta. We have decided to test at home on 6/23. Crossing our fingers. In the meantime, we are going to be in Hawaii until 6/21 so I'm going to try to relax and not think about it! Here are some pics to remember everything by.
This was 2 hours after the trigger. It was a flashing smiley. Then a few hours later, it was a solid smiley. I know the trigger shot would make these positive, but I've never seen a positive so this made me happy!

Getting ready!!

The wife and I! 

And the TWW begins...


No comments:

Post a Comment